Natura 2000 in Romania
Evenimente ecologice din Romania
- Concert caritabil: STRADIVARIUS pentru ROSIA MONTANĂ!
- Romanian Environmental Compliance Conference 2016
- Ziua Mondiala a Zonelor Umede, marcata de APM Suceava printr-o masa rotunda, cu tema “Zonele umede si schimbarile climatice”
- Incepe cea de-a treia editie “Let`s Do It, Danube!”
- 25 de ani de mediu: 11 ministrii – 1 scena – Opera Nationala Bucuresti
CBD daily headlines
- Biodegradable plastic 'false solution' for ocean waste problem
- Down with guilt! There are much better ways to get people to act on climate change.
- Biodiversity conservation policies in tropical forests threaten the livelihood of indigenous peoples
- Rubber Plantations Contribute To Reduced Ant Biodiversity
The Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) is an international agreement established by the United Nations. Its purpose is to conserve biological diversity worldwide.
Romania ratified the Convention on Biological Diversity in 1994.
The objectives of the Convention on Biological Diversity are:
1.The conservation of biological diversity
2.The sustainable use of the components of biological diversity
3.The fair and equitable sharing of the benefits arising out of the utilization of genetic resources
The Convention focuses on information exchange and cooperation between countries. To help these processes, the CBD has established an a collaborating network of partners facilitating scientific and technical cooperation called The Clearing-House Mechanism (CHM).
This site contributes to CHM network by illustrating what Romania does for the CBD.
- ELENA Project [posted on: 26/03/2015]
- Harta ariilor naturale protejate din Romania [posted on: 03/08/2013]
- Forum de discutii despre Natura 2000 [posted on: 05/02/2013]
- Arii naturale protejate de importanta comunitara (Regiunea Nord-Vest) [posted on: 14/12/2011]
- Brosura exemple romanesti CEPA [posted on: 10/03/2011]