Its mission is to contribute significantly to the implementation of the Convention through the promotion and facilitation of technical and scientific cooperation, among Parties, other Governments and stakeholders. To help these processes, the CBD has established an international network of partners called The Clearing-House Mechanism(CHM).
CHM has been established further to Article 18.3 of the Convention.
This site contributes to the CHM network by illustrating what Romania makes for the CBD. CHM strategic plan has three major objectives:
1. Promote and facilitate technical and scientific cooperation.
2. Promoting and facilitating information exchange between parties, governments and stakeholders.
3. Mechanism is fully operational with participation of all parties and a broad network of partners.
This website is Romanian contribution to CHM, in accordance with the Convention.
The objectives of the website are to:
• deliver information on the Convention on Biological Diversity and its implementation in Romania;
• provide on-line versions of Romanian strategic documents related to the Convention (national reports, strategies, actions plans, etc.);
• offer information on the status of biodiversity in Romania;
• make links to Internet-based biodiversity information in Romania;
• offer a window for scientific and technical cooperation in the field of biodiversity;
• promote public awareness and education on biodiversity.
The website is maintained by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, in its quality of Romanian National Focal Point to the Clearing-House Mechanism. Any person involved in the implementation of the Convention on Biological Diversity in Romania can contribute to the content of the website. A request to participate can be sent to the CHM Focal Point at email@example.com.